Wednesday 14 March 2007

My first Blog Entry - A Search for Real Church Worship

I started this blog to keep track of my search for new expressions of church and re-imagining church worship.

Not that my church is particularly boring or stereo typical of the way some churches are portrayed in the media. You might imagine five ladies in hats sitting at the back of a dusty old building singing hymns you might remember from school assembly to tunes squeezed out of a wheezy old organ.

No, we have about 80 come along most weeks and we sing modern worship songs played by our worship band, of which I am a member. The vicar is youngish and has a great sense of humour. No I like going to church and I love worshipping God.

But I do wish our worship was a bit more relevant to the 21st century.

My search started to find more interesting photographs or looping videos to use with the new church projector and song projection software. We don't sing from books any longer as so much new music is being written we would never be able to keep up with the number of books we
would need.

So I started searching the internet for free photo sites that I could legally copy. This led me to a number of church websites and into new expressions of church which I had first read about in a book, Changing World, Changing Church by Michael Moynagh.

I began to discover churches which were experimenting with new ways of expressing worship.

One of my most exiting finds was a blog by Jonny Baker. Jonny writes about his experiences leading a church community called Grace in Ealing, London.

He also has contacts and credits lots of friends around the world who are also using new expressions of worship.

In my next entry I will write about my week at Lee Abbey when Jonny Baker spoke about Re-Imagining Worship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meet my best site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/tramadol_online_z1m?tab=Comments] what does valium look like [/url]

http://trailfire.com/tramadol_online_z1m?tab=Comments
[url=http://trailfire.com/tramadol_online_z1m?tab=Comments] buy valium without prescription [/url]